Realistic Transportation Solutions
We don’t need more taxes to fix transportation – we need different priorities! This will take leadership, and I am ready to do my part to make the case for our community.
We need safer roads, smarter planning by VDOT, tele-commuting initiatives, and yes, realistic mass transit options. But no matter what direction we take in solving transportation problems, we can’t go it alone. Our region contributes enormous revenues—almost 50 percent—to the Commonwealth and we deserve our fair share of funds to meet our transportation needs. We need to stop seeing regional transportation problems as northern Virginia problems and seeing them for what they are – Virginia ‘s problems. I will
- Fight to ensure funded transportation projects are completed. This year we passed legislation that added $3 billion to advance 900 projects and needed aving across Virginia, all without raising taxes or fees.
- Fight to put the Transportation Trust Fund (TTF) “off-limits” to spending in non-transportation areas.
- Fight for an equitable apportionment of transportation funds across the Commonwealth.
- Promote realistic transportation solutions that provide adequate infrastructure through transportation planning that is responsive to our regional growth goals.
- Support and promote reliable mass transit for our area as well as tele-commute centers that take advantage of the technology available to us.