My record and platform is straightforward and in step with the people of my district:
MY RECORD IS “PROMISES MADE – PROMISES KEPT”
Since I began serving you in 2002, my principles have guided my actions. And those actions have been directed toward keeping the promises I made to you. My focus remains keen: Pro-family, Pro-business, and Pro-reform.
And as I have gone to literally thousands of doors in our district, you have told me that I am on the right path.
- Standing up for hard working moms and dads;
- Insisting on fiscal responsibility including keeping taxes low
and spending under control;
- Economic policies that foster job creation and small business;
- Realistic transportation solutions without higher taxes;
- Controlling illegal immigration;
- Reforming education for our kids;
- Protecting human life and your access to health care based on your decisions, not government;
- Promoting public safety, including defending our right to keep and bear arms; and
- Preserving local control for our local governments to effect smart growth policies that balance the need to strengthen our economy with quality of life and adequate facilities to sustain them.
MY PLATFORM REMAINS FIRM
When I ran for this office in 2001, my platform was clear and it remains so to this day. I have done what I said I would, and will continue to do so because I, like many of you, want to see government truly reformed, to be family-friendly, efficient, and focused on the essentials. That is why I championed ans passed audit bills that require the government to use an outside (private sector) set of eyes to get programs under control and say tax payer money by eliminating waste.
I STAND FOR FAITH, FAMILY, AND FREEDOM – VIRGINIA VALUES
A strong faith-based value system is critical to the future of our country. Our Founders knew this and we must return to such a posture if we are to remain a great State and Nation.
Family is the best social program ever created. Government has a profound interest in encouraging sound families if we are to produce responsible citizens.
Freedom is our most precious right. Government’s primary purpose is to protect our freedoms. These freedoms include the right to life, freedom from oppressive taxation, and the right to keep and bear arms; rights all included in the U.S. Constitution by our Founding Fathers.